H3 is an error that is related to the compressor of an air conditioner. It usually happens when there is an overload on the compressor, which is why it’s also called a Compressor Overload Protection error.
Why does an H3 error occur on an air conditioner?
So exactly what does H3 mean in air conditioner? H3 errors usually occur when the air conditioner is operating in high-temperature environments with high humidity, usually anything about 90°F. You will see an increase in this error during peak summer. It can also occur when the filters of anaAir conditioner are not clean, or when there’s an obstruction in the exhaust ports.Best Portable Air Conditioners
What are the signs that help you identify an H3 error on an air conditioner?
The following signs will help you understand why there is an overload on the compressor of your air conditioner:
- Your air conditioner will display an H3 error. When you try to switch on your AC, you will see that the air conditioner is not working and “H3” is being displayed on the display panel.
- Speed of the air conditioner is too low. You’ll sense that the air conditioner is not running cold as it should be.
- Fan of the air conditioner is not working. The fan of the air conditioner completely stops working.
- The overall air conditioner stops working. You will observe that the air conditioner doesn’t work at all.
- Compressor works strangely. You may hear strange sounds or suddenly feel hot air coming from your air conditioner.
How to resolve H3 error in air conditioner
Since H3 error means that the compressor is overloaded and the AC is out of order, it’s recommended to call a technician who can fix this for you. Here are some of the options you can choose from:
- Book an online consultation with a technician. During the current pandemic, you may prefer booking an online consultation with an HVAC expert who can guide you on how to fix the compressor over a video call. However, opt for this only if you think you can do it yourself.
- Read the manual. Every manual will have an answer on how various errors can be fixed.
- Calling a technician. Having someone personally come and fix the air conditioner is the best solution, since if you leave it unattended, it may cause you more damage
How to avoid H3 error in an air conditioner
Here are some of the ways you can avoid H3 error in your air conditioner:
- Ensure that the temperatures are below 90°F. This will ensure that there is less pressure on the compressor.
- Change or clean filters regularly. This will not only help in getting clean and fresh air, but also help with smooth functioning of your air conditioner.
- Get your air conditioner checked regularly to ensure that there is no obstruction in the air inlets and the exhaust ports.
- Keep switching on your air conditioner regularly. During the winter, we tend to forget our air conditioners and don’t switch them on for months. It’s important to switch them on just to ensure they are working smoothly, thus making them ready for summers. You can alternatively pack them up during winters, or cover the outdoor unit. This will protect the unit from the debris.
In conclusion, H3 errors usually occur when the air conditioner is working at high temperatures, which can cause an overload on the compressor. The error can be avoided if one gets their air conditioners checked regularly and ensures the temperature that the air conditioner is running is not very high.
Please note that each brand of air conditioner will have its own set of error code for a similar problem. It’s best to check the user manual to understand what the error code means so that you can take appropriate action to resolve it.Best Portable Air Conditioners