Haier manufactures a line of portable air conditioners for cooling single rooms that feature from adjustable cooling settings and multi-speed to a programmable timer to turn the air conditioner on and off. The small remote control supplied with portable Haier AC models helps work the unit remotely. Here we’ll give you a step-by-step guide on how to set timer on Haier portable air conditioner.
Setting the AC unit to turn off in 60 minutes and up to 24 hours:
First of all, make sure that the AC unit is ON. Then, press:
Timer – You will notice that the Timer Off indicator light flashes and that the display shows how much time is left before the unit turns off.
Temp / Time – Use either the up or down button arrow, depending on the setting you wish, until you achieve the desired delay time.
Give it five seconds to display the time left to Timer Off. Note that the Timer Off indicator will still be ON.
Setting the Timer to turn on the AC unit without losing the previous settings:
Again, turn the portable air conditioner on and press:
Timer – Unlike with the previous procedure, this time the Timer On indicator light flashes. Look at the display to see how much time is left before the unit turns on.
Temp / Time – Use either the up or down button arrow, depending on the setting you wish, until you achieve the desired delay time. You can tweak the delay time and adjust it to your current needs. So, you can set it to turn on in 60 minutes and up to 24 hours.
Note that the Timer On indicator will not deactivate – it will still be ON.
Setting the Times to Turn on the Air Conditioner (changes the previous settings):
As with the previous processes, you need to turn on the portable AC unit and then:
- Adjust the mode to the desired effect (choose between Dehum, Energy Save, Coo, and Fan mode).
- Adjust the fan speed. This applies to Dehum and Fan modes only. You can select Low, Med, or High speed.
- Adjust the fan speed to Auto Cool, Low, Med, or High. This applies to Energy Save and Cool modes only.
- Set the desired temperature between 61F (16C) and 86F (30C). Note that you can NOT set the temperature in Fan mode.
- Press TIMER. You will see that the Timer On indicator light flashes. Look at the display to see the hours left for the device to turn on.
- Press TEMP/TIME. Use the down or up arrow buttons to set the desired delay time. You can choose between one hour and up to 24 hours. Remember that the Timer On indicator light will not switch off. Don’t worry, though. This is normal per the manufacturer’s guidelines.
Note that these instructions were taken from the Haier ESA408M air conditioner user manual. However, you should normally have no problem setting a timer on another Haier portable air conditioner.