So what does the sun symbol mean on air conditioner? Sun Symbol is the symbol to show you that the air conditioner is in hot air mode, so keeping your air conditioner on this mode means it will blow hot air.
- 1 How Does the Sun Symbol Work
- 2 Using the Sun symbol puts the unit in heating mode which means it’ll blow hot air. This will work until a specific temperature set by you is achieved.
- 3 What different symbols are available on your Air Conditioner
- 4 How useful is the Sun Symbol in Air conditioners
- 5 What care should be taken while using the Sun Symbol in Air Conditioners
- 6 Conclusion
How Does the Sun Symbol Work
Using the Sun symbol puts the unit in heating mode which means it’ll blow hot air. This will work until a specific temperature set by you is achieved.
What different symbols are available on your Air Conditioner
Your air conditioner has a whole lot of symbols that make it easy for you to choose the best possible option and understand what’s going on with the machine, as per your weather condition and your personal needs. Some of there are:
- Snowflakes – The symbol for this is usually of that of a snowflake. This mode can be used when you need more cold air and is best to use this mode during peak summers.
- On/Off – This mode will tell you if your air conditioner is on or off. The symbol is usually in a circle or a rectangle, displaying On or Off.
- Fan mode – The symbol for this is that of a fan. Using this mode will switch off the cooling. Here the internal fan of the AC is the only thing that works and it will work like a normal fan. Using this mode saves energy, as there is less pressure on the compressor.
- Automatic mode – This mode is usually depicted as a circle of arrows with “A” mentioned inside. Choosing this mode ensures that a specific temperature is maintained. Once a temperature is achieved, this mode works to maintain that temperature throughout. It’s best for those who feel too cold when the AC is on and too hot when it’s off.
- Vertical Air Swing mode – This is used when you want the air to come in a vertical direction. The symbol for this is usually an arrow which is pointing out air vertically.
- Horizontal Air Swing – Here the air comes through the horizontal axis. The symbol for this is an arrow which is horizontal and shows air coming horizontally.
- Silent mode – The symbol for this is usually a figure with a finger over their mouth, or an icon of a moon. This mode is used when you want minimum noise from the AC unit. Best to use this mode when you want sound sleep with no disturbance.
How useful is the Sun Symbol in Air conditioners
The Sun Symbol is beneficial in multiple ways, including:
- Using this mode in cold weather. You can use this mode and ensure your AC is working to keep you warm in your cold house. It can also help maintain a particular temperature in your room.
- Ensuring healthy working and maintenance of your AC. In winters, we tend to not switch on the air conditioner. This can lead to they not being used and hence not being maintained. Using them on the heat mode both maintains a high temperature and at the same time runs the machine regularly.
What care should be taken while using the Sun Symbol in Air Conditioners
While the Sun Symbol has great many advantages, it’s important to know that it should not be over used. This is because your compressor is working more to release hot air. That’s why overusing it will increase the pressure on your compressor, causing it to damage.
In conclusion, the Sun Symbol indicates “Hot Air Mod”. It’s used in winters to release hot air and to maintain a warm temperature. The symbol is usually that of a sun. Please note that each brand of air conditioner will have its own set of symbols, so it’s best to see the manual and understand each one’s use.