Portable air conditioners are electrical appliances that are easily movable and a great option for air conditioning single rooms. Most of the models have wheels attached to the bottom so that you can move it from one place to another.
Effectiveness of portable air conditioners
So how effective is a portable air conditioner? Portable air conditioners are extremely effective for certain types of spaces and maybe not the best option for others. The various factors that must be kept in mind to see how effectively the portable air conditioning works.
Portable air conditioners are suitable for people who have a smaller living area, office, bedroom, or even studio apartment. It’s also great for those renters or homeowners who may not have the space to install the air conditioners’ window unit. That’s why you must ensure that you install the portable air conditioner according to the room’s size in which you are thinking of placing it. If you install a small air conditioner in a big room, it will just waste energy and probably not cool the space to meet your needs.
Maintenance is mostly hassle-free as you only have to worry about draining the moisture collected. All portable air conditioners will pull the water out of the air, and there are several different ways to drain it. You could manually remove the pan and empty it, attach a hose, or use a pump to push the water into another location.
Portable air conditioners are effective if you make sure to close all doors and windows before operating. This will additionally help them as no hot air from outside would be able to suck into the room. However, if you need to keep a window open for a pet, or have guests and kids coming in and out of your home at all times, you might not feel the cooling benefits of a portable air conditioner.
Benefits of portable air conditioners
- Cheap to maintain compared to central air or a window air conditioning unit.
- Being mobile is an excellent option for temporarily staying somewhere – students, guests, and people who use it during specific seasons.
- It acts as an air conditioner as well as a dehumidifier, both at the same time.
Disadvantages of portable air conditioners
- Though handy, portable air conditioners can be noisy
- Models with all the features required for the proper functioning of the air conditioning and with extended guarantee and warranty can be expensive.
- These air conditioners are specially designed for smaller rooms only; therefore, installing them in big rooms would waste your money and home’s energy resources.
- With varying sizes, large models, these portable air conditioners can be just as cumbersome as a window air conditioning unit. They need to be set up in a single room in your house.
The above mentioned are various characteristics, advantages, and disadvantages that add to how effective these portable air conditioners are. Before buying, make sure to do your research and consider all these factors before choosing the best air conditioner for you and your home’s needs.